Every story must be able to stand up on its own and to do that it needs a skeleton. We help them to build their skeletons by showing them how to devise their plots, develop their characters, enhance the action, hone their style and even choose the right words.
Creative Courses for Kids
Our courses help make kids’ dreams come true as they write their first books and see them in print! We have designed a course specifically to engage young minds and guide them through the process of bringing a story to life.
Day 1 – Building the skeleton
Day 2 – Adding flesh to the bones
Now that they have their skeletons, we help them to add flesh to the bones. We encourage them to build in stages, starting with what they know of the story, before working on further development and plugging gaps. We also inspire them to create a catchy beginning that hooks their readers from the start, as well as producing a finish with a flourish!
Day 3 – Giving life
The final day focuses on giving life to the story by pulling it together with photos to create a high-quality, beautiful photo story book to be cherished forever.
The boring bits:
- The course is comprised of 3 x 1.5 hour sessions with a week between each session
- We ensure it is a truly personalised service by keeping the maximum number of kids to ten per course
- Kids need to be supervised by an adult throughout, which creates a wonderful bonding experience between the pair, as the child creates the book
- The course costs £60 and includes a beautiful glossy hardback 8”x 8” copy of the book
- Minimum age is 9 years old